Sunday 17 February 2013

My WWE Elimination Chamber 2013 Predictions


Photo credit: WWE.com

United States Championship Match - Antonio Cesaro (c) versus The Miz:

These two put on a stronger match up than I was expecting last month so I'm hoping for good things here, I'm sure it'll be a decent title bout. I can't see past Cesaro retaining, and I think that's the best way to go.

Winner: Antonio Cesaro

Divas Championship Match - Kaitlyn (c) versus Tamina Snuka:

As usual I'm not going into a Divas Title match with particularly high hopes, although Tamina is usually pretty competent in the ring so this could be a fair encounter. It's pretty fifty-fifty but I'm going with Kaitlyn to retain.

Winner: Kaitlyn

6-Man Tag Team Match - John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus versus The Shield (Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose):

I'm personally quite looking forward to this one actually, after The Shield's superb debut in the TLC match and playing to Cena and Ryback's strengths by having them enter in short bursts I think this could all add up to a solid tag outing, plus Sheamus who had a great 2012 in my opinion. With Cena heading to 'Mania in a much likely rematch with Rocky I can't see him and his team loosing here.

Winners: John Cena, Ryback and Sheamus

World Heavyweight Championship Match - Alberto Del Rio (c) versus Big Show:

After two gripping title clashes I'm very much looking forward to their their third and final encounter tonight. Both men have been on good form as of late and I've been enjoying their feud, even if it has lost a little steam. Del Rio to most likely retain here and go onto into a Triple Threat at 'Mania against Dolph Ziggler and Orton (you heard it here first! Or if not just pretend you did) after 'The Show Off' cashes in. 

Winner: Alberto Del Rio

World Heavyweight Championship #1 Contenders Elimination Chamber Match - Chris Jericho VS Kane VS Randy Orton VS Daniel Bryan VS Mark Henry VS Jack Swagger:

With a nice lineup this should be a fun Chamber match, with Bryan and Jericho as my two predictions for standout performers, especially Y2J on recent form. While not a massive Henry fan I think he'll be an entertaining factor here, with everyone else most likely ganging up at some point to eliminate him. I'll also be intrigued to see how well Swagger does, hopefully he'll be allowed to look quite dominant, I'm really liking his intriguing new partnership with Zeb Colter
I also expect this to be the big stepping stone leading into Bryan versus Kane at WrestleMania, with Bryan eliminating Kane with a quick roll up pin or something similar I reckon. But the last man I'll mention is Orton, who I see as the final man standing. I can understand people thinking Henry will win here, and I wouldn't be surprised at that, but I'm sticking with my gut and going for 'The Viper'. 

Winner: Randy Orton

WWE Championship Match - The Rock (c) versus CM Punk:

After reading a fair bit of feedback from fans on Punk and Rock's match from the Royal Rumble (as depressing as it can get) a lot of them were not that impressed, but I quite liked it myself (call me an optimist), so I'm actually looking forward to their rematch.
I reckon it'll be an improvement on their last effort and a far more interesting watch than people are expecting, I'm sure we'll get an intriguing story from it with decent action to boot. Unfortunately the only downfall (and largest complaint from the Royal Rumble) is that the outcome almost seems just too predictable, with 'The People's Champ' riding out still the champion and going on to loose to Cena at WrestleMania. So that's my prediction.

Winner: The Rock

Overall I think it should be a largely enjoyable card, much like the Rumble last month. So I hope you all enjoy it (you all won't, there are always those few, or many rather) and that it's a good show, with a few surprises perhaps? Na maybe not, and I'll see you all back here tomorrow for my recap! 


No comments:

Post a Comment