Sunday 27 January 2013

My WWE Royal Rumble 2013 Predictions

Pretty intense poster, no smiling Cena here. Photo credit: WWE.com

Pre show United States Championship Match - Antonio Cesaro (c) versus The Miz:

Should be a fairly enjoyable contest I reckon, it's rare Cesaro isn't on form so I'm looking forward to it. I'm surprised with the build up (not massive I know, but reasonable for a mid card title nowadays) that it's ended up on the pre show but hopefully it'll interest fans. Not expecting to be blown away but I'll take it. Cesaro to retain too, with the faith people backstage seem to have in him I can't imagine he'll drop the strap just yet to Miz.

Winner: Antonio Cesaro

WWE Tag Team Championship Match - Team Hell No (Daniel Bryan & Kane) (c) versus Team Rhodes Scholars (Damien Sandow & Cody Rhodes):

Again I'm expecting a fairly fun outing here, but nothing outstanding. Bryan seems the obvious choice for the stand out performer. Hopefully whoever the victors are this feud will come to an end too, I feel it's gone as far as it can now and is dragging a bit. 

Winners: Team Hell No

Last Man Standing World Heavyweight Championship Match - Alberto Del Rio (c) versus Big Show:

I'm a bit confused as to why they're having a title rematch under the same stipulations they had a couple of weeks ago, but I'm not complaining, should hopefully be another stormer of a clash. So far Del Rio's face turn has been a big success in my opinion, and I never thought I'd type this but Big Show has also impressed me in the ring and out since his surprisingly solid feud with Sheamus last year. I'd also be surprised if Del Rio dropped the belt so soon, and I'm not envisaging Ziggler cashing in just yet either, I think it'd seriously diminish the World Title if he still entered the Rumble holding it. 

Winner: Alberto Del Rio

WWE Championship Match - (If The Shield intefer in this match, CM Punk will be stripped of the title) - CM Punk (c) versus The Rock:

Now onto the big one, which should be a superb bout and a have a very interesting outcome. I've been back and fourth with who I think will walk out the champion, thinking of all the possible repercussions of the WrestleMania card. But I see the 'People's Champion' being victorious. It may seem obvious to some, and even as I'm writing this I have my doubts, wondering if perhaps WWE have another plan up their sleeve? But it just seems the most feasible thing to happen. Rock wins. Retains at Elimination Chamber. Faces Cena in the main event of 'Mania and drops the strap before leaving. Leaving Punk to face 'Taker in what should be a tremendous build up if they allow 'The Deadman' to become more human again. But who knows? Maybe Lesnar will face Undertaker instead? It could all change. I'm just going to sit back and enjoy the ride as always.

Winner: The Rock

30-Man Royal Rumble:

Now, here I have three possible men in mind to win the big match and go onto the WrestleMania. First of all the most likely, Cena. As I already said, it seems too well set up to have him win and get retribution on Rocky and win back the WWE Title after a long (and refreshing) period without it. But is that too obvious? 
Second is Ryback. With the monster push he's received since late of last year, I could imagine him outdoing twenty-nine other men and holding up the WWE or World Championship on the big stage as the icing on the cake. I may not be his biggest fan (I don't mind him) but he's proof that when Cena is absent, WWE can still push a wrestler the right way.
And finally third is Randy Orton. I have a sneaking suspicion that backstage they may fancy throwing everyone off by having someone win who isn't quite so obvious. This may sound daft considering he's a nine-time World Champion, but most people will be picturing a Cena victory with all the pyros and such, just like me. With rumours of a wise heel turn looming very soon it would make sense too, with Del Rio or Sheamus (or perhaps both?) the most likely candidates to face him at 'Mania.

Winner: John Cena

Hope everyone enjoys the show, there's always excitement when the Royal Rumble comes around at the start of the year, and I'll see you back here tomorrow with my review.  




No comments:

Post a Comment