Sunday 16 December 2012

My WWE TLC 2012 Predictions

Photo credit: WWE.com

Pre show Divas Battle Royale - Layla versus Kaitlyn versus Alicia Fox versus Natalya versus Tamina Snuka versus Aksana versus Rosa Mendes versus Cameron versus Naomi:

Expecting the usual forgettable battle royale here, but with the current crop of Divas, so even more forgettable, and possibly uncomfortable to watch. The only thing eventful I could see happening here is if there's a surprise entrant (AJ?) turning up, otherwise Kaitlyn's the only one I really see winning it with her current run. 

Winner: Kaitlyn

#1 Contendership Tables Match - Team Rhodes Scholars (Cody Rhodes and Damien Sandow) versus Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara:

My guess for opener of the night, with a solid tables match to get the crowd going. I'm expecting good things here, and possibly a horribly entertaining botch from Mr. Cara at some point. While there has been no actual build up between the two teams leading into the event I'm looking forward to it, with four guys (especially Rhodes and Mysterio) that should put on good displays here and work an exciting tag match. Team Rhodes Scholars are the obvious choice to win and face Team Hell No next month at Royal Rumble for me. 

Winners: Team Rhodes Scholars

Intercontinental Championship Match - Kofi Kingston (c) versus Wade Barrett:

Should be a worthy enough contest over the title, with Kofi's recent good form and hopefully some hard work from Barrett (not having a go, his matches just don't always deliver with excitement). The result was tricky for me to predict, but I'm going with Kofi to retain. To be honest there's no particularly reason I just see that as most likely.

Winner: Kofi Kingston

United States Championship Match - Antonio Cesaro (c) versus R-Truth:

Again should be a decent title clash, but going by their recent outings I'm not expecting anything that spectacular. I'm hoping, and think that Cesaro will retain here. He's been on great form lately and deserves to move beyond the frankly quite stale R-Truth now. 

Winner: Antonio Cesaro

Money in the Bank Ladder Match - Dolph Ziggler versus John Cena:

I'm quite optimistic for this one, and I can see both men delivering the goods on the night. To be fair to Cena he has had a good track record with ladder matches in the past, and I expect something typically "Holy sh*t!" from the 'Show Off'. Ziggler needs to retain the contract here on PPV after loosing to Cena over the last few weeks, although I can no way see him winning fairly. Never. Someone is going to aid Dolph. The Shield? The possibly returning Mark Henry? I'm not too sure, but someone. 

Winner: Dolph Ziggler

World Heavyweight Championship Chairs Match - The Big Show (c) versus Sheamus:

Again I'm quite looking forward to this bout, with both men delivering surprisingly entertaining matches on the last two pay-per-views. This feud has far exceeded what I expected it to be, and Big Show has been a great heel for me. In fact I can't remember him being on better form. Quite a lot of fans have speculated that Ziggler will cash in here to mirror last year when Daniel Bryan memorably cashed in to become World Champion at the same event. I can't see it myself, or I possibly think that Ziggler will attempt to but once again be thwarted somehow. Don't get me wrong, I can't wait for Dolph to finally do it, I just don't see it happening here but at WrestleMania next year to really make a statement. What better stage for 'The Show Off'? Oh, and Show to win via dubious circumstances once again.

Winner: Big Show

Tables, Ladders and Chairs Tag Team Match - Ryback and Team Hell No (Daniel Bryan and Kane) versus The Shield (Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose): 

Ah the main event, and an interesting one for sure. Shield have to be victorious here, have to. It would seriously cut their momentum short if they were defeated here I reckon. I can see a new member possibly joining them tonight too, maybe Brad Maddox? I can see Shield someone preventing Ryback from coming out straight away, beating on Bryan and Kane and then taking on the wrath of their hungry nemesis. Then again I could see this as a simple back and fourth encounter, who knows? This one is really an open book. Plus we have WWE Champion CM Punk at ringside, so he'll be playing a part here somehow. 

Winners: The Shield





No comments:

Post a Comment