Sunday 18 November 2012

My WWE Survivor Series 2012 Predictions


Photo credit: WWE.com

Divas Championship Match - Eve Torres (c) versus Kaitlyn:

Hopefully this will end their feud, and Eve can move on to more interesting (although not better in the ring) competition in AJ Lee. Should be a pretty average contest, as with most Diva ones right now. Trust me, I don't enjoy ripping on the division but it really does need a serious shake up.

Winner: Eve

United States Championship Match - Antonio Cesaro (c) versus R-Truth:

My prediction for opener of the event. Should be a decent enough encounter, not expecting anything that spectacular. Cesaro to retain cleanly.

Winner: Antonio Cesaro


Survivor Series Match - Team Foley (The Miz, Daniel Bryan, Kane, Kofi Kingston and Randy Orton) versus Team Ziggler (Dolph Ziggler, Alberto Del Rio, Wade Barrett, Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes):

I'm quite optimistic about this bout, the talent is there and they have no excuses not to provide a solid traditional Survivor Series team match. With Team Hell No and Ziggler especially (who are all on good form at the moment) I'm looking forward to it. Ziggler needs the win here far more than anyone else (I feel like I've been saying that a lot over the last few months) so I'm hoping he gets the win for his team after an implosion of some kind from Team Foley.

Winner: Team Ziggler


World Heavyweight Championship Match - The Big Show (c) versus Sheamus:

With their surprisingly decent World Title match from HIAC I'm expecting an enjoyable rematch here. I also feel that their match has had the best build up out of the entire card tonight, so hopefully it lives up to it. I'm expecting Big Show to retain, but after dubious circumstances of some kind (maybe involving the ref?) to set up a stipulation rematch of some kind for TLC next month.

Winner: Big Show


WWE Championship Triple Threat Match - CM Punk (c) versus John Cena versus Ryback: 

In all honesty I'm really split on the quality of this match and how it'll turn out. While I think it will be fairly exciting, with the first ever physical confrontation between Cena and Ryback and Punk on brilliant form, I can't see it being a tremendous main event. Hopefully I'm wrong and it turns out well. Oh, and CM Punk to retain and hold onto the title for a whole year, he deserves it as the most entertaining thing about the company today.

Winner: CM Punk 

No comments:

Post a Comment